Vaatia College Makurdi is a co-educational boarding Secondary School in Benue State, Nigeria.
The college aims to provide students with a safe learning environment and an opportunity to enjoy relevant education that will be useful throughout their lives.
The safety of the learning environment is ensured through surveillance with Close Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras and well equipped dedicated security guards.
To ensure a conducive learning environment, the College;
- provides meals four (4) times daily.
- provides potable drinking water via 5 boreholes (2 manual and 3 motorised)
- owns a private 100kva transformer, 50kva power generator and has a solar system that powers 80% of the College community.
- provides laundry services for learners’ classroom uniform and compound wears
- provides boarding facilities for all the students
The learners are exposed to the National Junior Secondary and Senior Secondary curriculum approved by the Nigerian Ministry of Education.
The College also provides co-curricular activities in clubs such as Electronics club, Junior Engineers, Technologists and Scientists (JETS) club, Press club, Drama club, Literary and Debate club, Computer club, Chess club, Scrabble club and Aerobics.
The college provides workshops for skill acquisition such as Carpentry, Tailoring, Knitting, Hats and Bead making, Hair making, Electronic repairs and Creative arts.
Currently the sporting facilities available are for football, basketball, handball, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, badminton, squash, and darts. These sporting facilities are available in pairs to ensure learners participate actively in sporting activities.
The College encourage staff to develop themselves physically and mentally by granting free access to sporting facilities within the learning environment.